April 2021 COVID-19 Update
As we have gotten use to the “new normal” of the past year, we have made some minor updates to our COVID-19 policies and protocols. As you know things always change based on CDC recommendations and state/local/federal mandates.
For the protection of everyone in our office, we will be implementing the following procedures:
1. We are doubling our efforts in maintaining a safe and clean environment. “High touch” areas (door knobs, reception, pens, counters, frames etc.) will be cleaned at a higher frequency throughout the day.
3. We will promote a healthy environment. Most of our staff members have been vaccinated. Any member of our team with a fever or taking a fever reducing medication will be asked to leave and return once we are able to obtain an accurate measure of their temperature. Similarly, patients will be asked to reschedule their appointments until the same resolution has been reached.
4. We will postpone seeing any patients that have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have come into contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
5. We will continue for the time-being to require everyone entering our clinic to wear a facial covering. Options include: homemade scarf, mask, bandana, or handkerchief. Our Doctors and staff will also wear masks when coming into direct contact with others.
6. We will request all persons entering our office to wash or sanitize their hands.
7. We will promote social distancing measures throughout your visit. We will manage patient flow to limit over-crowding and will ask you to please refrain from bringing guests (that do not have an appointment) with you to your appointment. One way to help with this is perform the Optomap on our patients. The Optomap is a digital photo of the retina, the inside of the eye. This helps keep a safe distance between you and the doctor during your exam. However, dilated exams may still be necessary.
We are monitoring both local and national information regarding the virus and will continue to update you on any adjustments we make.
Thank you for your continued trust and confidence in us! We value each of you and are thankful you are a part of our family!
We look forward to seeing you again!
The Doctors and Staff of MacArthur Park Vision Source